Monday, October 25, 2010

last stand

Charles Haddon from "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool" took his own life in August 2010. I don't know what else was going on in his life but the news stories tell us that the 'trigger' was when he accidently seriously hurt a fan in a stage dive....

...this week I was 'giving an ear' to a friend who was dealing with someone she cared for who attempted suicide...let me tell you this as clearly as I can: do -not-attempt- to kill-yourself...there is always a way out of your problems no matter how messy and bad they are, it may take time and it may take work but there will be a way out. If you need immediate and information about suicide prevention can contact

Lifeline on 13 11 14

SANE Helpline on 1800 18 SANE (7263)

"Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, suffering, and hard times, or hunger and nakedness, or danger and death? ...I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love--not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord! " (Romans 8)

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me" (Psalm 23)

So hang in there, be patient, get help - there is light on the other side of the tunnel

You won't know if you are not here. Our thoughts go out to Charlies family, friends and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment