Monday, April 8, 2013

all things must pass


My position as Chaplain at Magill and Mawson Lakes will be drawing to a close by the end of June 2013.
Before you ask - no, I haven't done anything wrong, no, I haven't been sacked and no, I am not resigning either. The Lutheran Church of Australia (SA/NT) has been very involved in tertiary ministry and had a big presence over the last decade or two but 'all things must pass' and as there are - new visions - tertiary ministry in a few places, such as Magill and Mawson Lakes will be "restructured" in a new way. I'm not privy to exactly what it will look like but I'm sure you will find out soon enough. Keep an eye on our LCA district page - particularly after June - when I hope it will be updated!

On a student level, there is a fun loving Christian group LSF who have a web presence here:

http://sa.lsf.org.au/

https://www.facebook.com/LSFSAus


I've been at Magill since 2004 and Mawson Lakes since 2005 and I have always felt privileged to have the opportunity to be a formal Christian presence on campus. It has been a growth time for me personally as the many people I have met have also kept my faith grounded with real life issues; so theological flights of fancy were quickly grounded in their hangers and I often had to ask myself - "how does Christian belief translate into this situation today, tomorrow and next week".

I'm not quite gone yet but I thought it fair to let you know ahead of time.

I've really grown to appreciate this verse because it sums up everything I find important:

 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13



No comments:

Post a Comment